Updates to technology changes design thinking , collaboration , creativity and on a larger scale digital literacy . Teaching students to think design their own learning pathways and to create extraordinary things .
The students are honoured for their outstanding achievement in individual subjects at the end of every terminal examination :
- Excellent cards are issued to those students securing 91-100% in each subject.
- Distinction cards are issued to those students securing 81%- 90% in each subject.
- Honour cards are issued to those students securing 71% -80% in each subjects and,
- Merit cards are issued to those students securing 61%- 70% in each subjects.
- Merit certificates and prizes are awarded to those students who have earned 100 per cent attendance based on the cumulative attendance recorded .
Year planner (2019-2020):
- 16-06-19 – World Father’s day .
- 21-06-19 – International Yoga day .
- 19-11-19 – National Integration Day .
- 01-12-19 – World Aids Day
- 10-12-19 – Human rights day
- 11-01-20 – Death anniversary of Lal bahadur shastri
- 12-01-20 – National youth day
- 14-01-20 – Pongal .
- 26-01-20 – Republic day .
- 06-02-20 – National Road safety week .
- 28-02-20 – National science day ( Project day).
- 03-03-20 – World wild Life day
- 04-03-20 – National safety day
- 17-03-20 – Founder’s Day .
- 21-03-20 – World forest day
- 22-03-20 – World water day
- 14-04-20 -Tamil new year .
The curriculam offered at Shri krishnaswamy reflects its vision to Child Centric Approach ‘ provides enough opportunities for the students to have balanced spiritual , mental ,moral ,emotional and physical development . The school adopts a well structured curriculam at two levels . The entire school structure is divided into five sections . Kindergarten (LKG and UKG) Primary school stage (std I to V ) , Middle school stage (std VI to VIII), secondary school stage ( std IX and X) , Higher secondary school stage (Std XI and XII).
Kindergarten: ( LKG and UKG )
The kindergarten curriculum incorporates Montessori and play way method in teaching Literacy skills , Numeracy , General Awareness , Story Telling and Rhymes . Activities like painting , singing , conversation , Art and craft , creative work and Games are also included in the curriculum . A well equipped KG – Activity Room enhances the development of child’s cognitive and Kinesthetic skills .
Primary stage (Std I to V )
For practical purpose , this stage is divided into two compartments, of which , the first one comprises Std I and II and the second one includes Std III to V . The primary stage encourages students ‘ exploration , discovery and experimentation in a pleasant academic environment . The core curriculum includes English , Tamil , Mathematics , science , General Knowledge , Art and craft , Value education , and Physical education . Junior laboratory is arranged for hands on experience .
Middle and high school stage (Std VI to VIII)
The middle school stage plays an important role in enhancing the educational attainment of students by linking both primary and secondary stage . The syllabus framed at this stage includes English , Tamil , French , Mathematics, Science , Social science , General knowledge , Music, Art and craft , Value Education , Environmental science , Physical education and information and communication technology .
Secondary school stage (IX and X ) .
The curriculum is designed to prepare the students for the state board examination .The syllabus includes core subjects like English , Tamil , Mathematics , science , social science , Computer science , Environmental studies, value education and physical education .
Higher secondary school stage : ( Std XI and XII ) .
The higher secondary school stage adopts state board curriculum with following groups:
Groups offered :
- Part I : Tamil / French
- Part II : English
- Part III : (optional )
(a) Mathematics, physics, chemistry and comp. science.
(b) Mathematics, physics, chemistry and biology
(a)Commerce, Accountancy, Economics& Comp. Applications.
(b)Commerce, Accountancy, Economics& Business maths.